Whether you swipe, sign, insert your chip or pay online, there’s no monthly fee and no minimum balance with a totally free checking account at MCCU. It’s the safe and convenient place to stash the cash you need – whether for going out with friends, gas for your car, going to a game on Friday night, or any other expense.
- $0 monthly fee
- $0 minimum balance requirement
- Free Visa Debit Card
Looking for something a little more rewarding? If so, you might be interested in our free Kasasa® Checking Accounts! With Kasasa®, we pay you for banking with us. Just for doing a few things, you may be doing already, like using your debit card, signing up for eStatements, and using Online Banking or our Mobile App. To learn more about Kasasa®, click here.
Ready to open a new account? Here’s what you’ll need:
- Driver’s License or Student ID, and Social Security Card – whenever you open an account, your identity and proof of U.S. residency needs to be verified.
- Parent or Joint Owner – if you haven’t celebrated your 18th birthday yet, you’ll need to have a parent or another trusted adult be a joint owner of the account.
- A $5 Opening Deposit – this establishes your membership (or ownership) in MCCU.
Low Credit or No Credit?
Our youth loan program is intended to help young people establish a credit history while helping them purchase things they want and need. From a bicycle to a computer, sports equipment to musical instruments, you can make it happen with MCCU!
- Available for members age 13-17
- Must have regular income from verifiable sources
- Documentation is required for all sources of income
- Parent or guardian knowledge or consent is required, but they are not required to act as co-signers
For more information regarding the types of youth loans available, and rates, click here.
Already 18? If so, you could qualify for a Visa Credit Card! Our Wise Rate Visa® Credit Card offers you the low interest you are looking for, plus no annual fee, online access, and more!
Access to Your Accounts — Anytime, Anywhere
We provide the tools you need to make sure your accounts are on the up-and-up! With MCCU eServices, you can quickly manage your MCCU accounts in real-time on any PC or mobile device.
Plus, by setting up Alerts, you’ll be notified when specific activities happen within your account. For example, if your balance falls below a certain dollar amount, or, if there is a credit or debit transaction posted to your account for more than a certain dollar amount. MCCU Alerts can help you keep a close watch on your money. Just enroll in Online Banking to determine which Alerts are right for you.
Watch Our MCCU Online Video